This patch utility fixes the issue that can cause the ActiveSync/ Windows Mobile Device Center connection to drop or be otherwise unstable when transferring large size or quantity of files through the connection while using the legacy USB Client ActiveSync Serial PPP drivers (which are enabled in place of the newer USB Client ActiveSync RNDIS (network) drivers when the "Advanced Network Functionality" (ANF) checkbox is unchecked under Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC icon).
To install this patch on a data collector:
***On your Desktop or Laptop Computer***
1) Right-click on the link below then click "Save As" or "Save Target As"
ActiveSync USB Patch
2) Save this CAB file as all one piece into your desktop or laptop computer
3) After the download is complete copy this CAB file into your Data Collector's "Storage" or "My Documents" folder
***On the data collector***
4) Exit out of SurvCE and Unplug the USB cable
5) Tap Start / Programs / File Explorer
6) Tap on the Folder listed in the upper left just below the Start Menu
7) Tap on "My Device" then browse to where you saved the CAB file in Step #3 above
8) Tap on the "ActiveSync_PPP" file to run it
9) If your prompted for a location to install to tap "Install" set to the default location of "Device"
10) Tap OK in the upper right after it says its successfully installed.
Now you can reconnect the USB cable to the data collector and install Software Updates and transfer larger files.