Install DAO 3.6?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Install DAO 3.6?

Postby bbeliveau » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm not sure what happened to my computer, everything worked fine and now all of a sudden, if I try to import_shp I receive a command line message: install DAO 3.6.
What happened and how do I fix it?
bbeliveau

Postby site admin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:33 pm

This is a "user based" forum and not regularly monitored my Carlson Software.

If you have not receive a response on this forum, please copy your question along with the version of software you are running and any files (if necessary) and send it to support@carlsonsw.com so we can assist you.

Thank you.
Technical Support

Carlson Software
support@carlsonsw.com
606-564-5028
site admin
Site Admin

Postby obelix » Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 pm

I am having the same problem. I contacted Carlson and after a few weeks got this reply. I have not tried it, figured a way around it using AutoCad Map 3D while waiting for a responce.

From Carlson Support (4-25-12):

I am sorry for the long delay in answering to your question. I have only received today the email from you sent to the technical support.

A.
Encountered Error: ADO...
>>I am only aware of one explanation, the entries in the registry, that Carlson Install was suppose to make, have been removed by the installation of a Windows OS Patch, or by another software, or the Carlson Install failed to create the entries in the first place. Our installation expert it is looking into this issue.

In meantime, please let me know if we can have a short GTM, I can set it up, please let me know the time, and we can try to solve the entries in the registry error.

In order to apply the workaround you must have the Admin Rights on the PC where you are logged in. Please let me know if this is possible.

I have a registry .reg file placed at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12559090/ado_surrogate.reg

B.
Changes in the Software: new file formats...
>>There are many changes in between the version C2012, C2010, the Template Database was removed and replaced by the GIS file. Dave Carlson knows more about this matter. In any case, the GIS file restricts the usage of the GIS Features, by making them obey the GIS rules: A GIS Features now, has for example a TYPE: point or polyline, etc.

Please also be aware on x64 bit machine, MDBs are very slow to access, so you could use the Esri's Map common Specification DWG Data Format.

I am here in the Boston Office, from 8:45 AM through 19:00 PM, every day of the week. We are Eastern Time.
Please let me know when you can be available and I can setup the GTM, to try to fix the error encountered using the software.
obelix

Return to GIS