How to import drillholes without strata or bed defined?

Moderator: Carlson Support

How to import drillholes without strata or bed defined?

Postby gregvds » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:17 am

Hello,

I would like to make chemistry (attributes) isopachs of my strata, and have a huge amount of drillholes. Around 350 are cores that have already strata identifications and BED and STRATA attributes defined. Another bunch (around 2700!) of rotaries or dust drillings are available, but these have only chemistry attributes.

I would like to know if there is any way in Carlson Mining to be able to use these without having to tag them all.

I explain maybe more: I use also Rockware Rockworks to treat some of my databases. In this one, one can import untagged drillholes with only chemistry defined, define it inside the software, create grids for the different units, based on the drillholes that have the strata defined, and then use the grids to make an isopach of the quality, based not only on the cores that have it defined, but also based on all the intervals that fall geometrically inside the strata.

Is there a way to do that in Carlson Mining?

I already tried to put a fake strata definition, and use the HORIZON attributes to avoid these intervals to be used in the models, but the isopachs generated do not show the tremendous chemistry info I can see with the dustdrillings.

Many thanks to let me know if what I want is acheivable into CM.

Best Regards,

Gregoire Vandenschrick
gregvds

Postby alanrf1 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm

Hello,

For many applications forums are the place to go to get information on what is possible. For the survey and civil portions of Carlson Software that is probably true since there are many users. Unforetunately for the mining and geology software this is not the case. The easiest and fastest method of getting information is to contact a carlson representative directly usually via email. I suggest you contact Steve Richards at 1-800-989-5028 or email: srichards@carslonsw.com.
Carlson Software is a a user driven platform but because we tend to deal with proprietary information mining engineers and geologist usually don't share how do something. We tend to use the Carslon Software in a very custom and narrow manner once we learn the best method for our dataset.
I myself am not so. I usually help others when I can and teach my coworkers the cabailties of the software. I don't use the forums because I can get a quicker answer through a phone call or email to a carlson rep directly.

Alan
If it can't be grown, it has to be mined
alanrf1

Return to Mining