D/C locking up when exiting from [Stake Line/Arc] command

Moderator: Carlson Support

D/C locking up when exiting from [Stake Line/Arc] command

Postby BoundaryHunter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:49 pm

I have been having a problem with my Data collector locking trying to exit from the [Stake Line/Arc] command. If I have not been using rthe command for more than a couple of minutes it doesn't happen. :D However everytime when exiting the command after more than a few minutes then it will freeze then I have to either reboot the D/C or use the Task monitor to stop the program. :( Then I have to go back and setup the project again, which is a big waste of time, considering it happens regularly. :x Also it prevents me from using the good survey practice of checking in before and after each job with the same setup. It doesn't seem to matter is I have many or few points, or much or little linework in the dxf/dwg.
I am using a fairly new (6 mo old) AllegroMX.
The SurvCe version is 2.52.
The AllegroMX has 128 MB Ram and 2G storage.

This has happen with earlier versions, though not as much. My plan right is to update to the newest version of SurvCE 2.54 and see if it still occurs. any help will be appreciated.
BoundaryHunter
BoundaryHunter

Try update to 2.54 first

Postby Artanian » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:29 pm

I'd recommend downloading and installing Version 2.54 first to see if it resolves the issue.

If it doesn't resolve the issue try duplicating the behavior in a new empty test job to see if perhaps the Job you are running has a huge number of points over 2,000 or Large DXF linework files such as a 4meg or 6meg linework file
Artanian

Still Locking Up with version 2.55

Postby terrasurveys » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm running SurvCE 2.55 on a Carlson Surveyor + and am encountering the same problems in the stake a line routine. It locks up when we hit the escape button.
C Medina
terrasurveys

Return to GPS