Carlson GPS+ Logging of raw data (static)

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson GPS+ Logging of raw data (static)

Postby SeismicSurv » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:52 pm

We've got 2 GPS+ that we bought last fall, that we are having trouble with.
The one machine will not save the raw data when using the Log raw data in SurveCE. It starts up fine, and using it as a rover works fine it saves the RW5 file to the DC, but when you use it too log raw data it fails. It starts and says it is logging, but when you close the file and end the session there is no file created. I swapped the GPS around on both the units, and they work fine on the DC that is working properly. I even tried putting a microsd card into the one DC, thinking maybe some how in the software something was set to log to a card instead of the internal memory.

Any Ideas on what this could be, it can only be the DC that is the problem as far as I can figure, but it does not make sense that it works fine as a rover and writes the files with that but doesnt write the raw data file. Unless they are handled differently in the GPS+.

Thanks
SeismicSurv

Raw Files

Postby Artanian » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Hello - did you try looking in the "\" root folder or in the "\Program Files\SurvCE\Data\" folder?
Artanian

Postby bisenberger » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 am

if you use the Surveyor+ with SurvCE the electronic files are stored inside the Topcon GPS Receivers
bisenberger

Re: Carlson GPS+ Logging of raw data (static)

Postby pce » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:40 pm

What kind of GPS receiver are you usuing? We use a BRX 5 the raw data can only be stored on an SD card on the BRX 5
pce

Return to GPS