2009 Carlson Config - SaveAs

Moderator: Carlson Support

2009 Carlson Config - SaveAs

Postby pcchenard » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:48 pm

In Carlson 2009, why doesn't the "Carlson Config" "SaveAs" setting actually save all the settings? For some reason it is not saving the "Startup Options". So when I load the settings on another workstation those settings aren't there. There may be other's not saving as well but those are the settings I noticed right away.

Any reason why this isn't working? I don't really want to have to go around to a bunch of workstations and manually set these settings if I don't have to.
pcchenard

same thing is happening to me... need a quick answer how to

Postby doggarn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:58 am

Hi
Here is something I found. Like LDD you can't rename the profile name under Carlson configure/Startup Options it has to be:Carlson 2009
(Note: no idea where this is stored)
every time I renamed it mine it bombed. Maybe there is another way, but this worked over and over.

Next under the Customize User Interface and Alias tab you can export changes to:
C:Carlson/Settings/Carlson.ica
Note that you must not use the same shortcut keys here as are in the Quick Keys of Carlson quik keys as it will nullify the change. Then when you have the Quick Keys set save them to:
C:Carlson/Settings/Carlson 2009.qks

After doing these things the changes stuck.

I'm sure there is another step that will set the Profile under the Startup Options mentioned first here, but it wasn't very easy to stick. I hope this helps. I was able to duplicate all my shortcut keys from Acad LDD 2005-2009

Mike
Mike in Raleigh
doggarn

Return to General Carlson Discussion