Object enablers from AutoCAD 2010 to LDT2009 - Carlson 2010

Moderator: Carlson Support

Object enablers from AutoCAD 2010 to LDT2009 - Carlson 2010

Postby PGrimes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:23 pm

We installed AutoCAD 2010 & Carlson 2010 on most of our systems. My system is still running LDT2009 & Carlson 2010. We have all drawings set to save back to 2007 verison. Now when I open any drawings saved with the AutoCAD 2010 using LDT2009 we get an error message 'This drawing contains newer versions of objects. To work with the newer objects in a limited fashion, enable proxy graphics and the resave the drawing in the current version. You can also export the drawing to AutoCAD; however, this permanently converts the AEC objects to basic AutoCAD objects.' If I open it up in just straight LDT2009 I also get when I press F2 'AutoDesk Land Desktop cannot initialize because this drawing contains objects from a newer version. Refer to the readme file for more information on this issue.' (Can't find the readme file). When I try to use the clipboard paste an error message of "Invalid" shows in the command window and won't allow anything to be pasted; If I open straight LDT2009 an error popup of 'this application has detected a mixed version of AEC objects.. newer AEC objects will be disallowed from participating in the opertion with an OK button - when I pess the OK button it works. It doesn't matter if it I try to copy/paste from the current drawing or from another one in. I can have a second drawing window open with a new or old cad file and the clipboard will work in it. If I open a Microsoft Word document and copy clipboard from there it will paste into the saved AutoCAD 2010 drawing. We have installed the up to Update 3 for Land Desktop, AutoCad Civil 2009 object enabler, and tryed to load AutoCAD 2010 Civil object enabler( wouldn't allow) in the LDT2009. Any ideas?
Patrick Grimes, PLS
Joe Hunt & Associates
Towanda, PA
PGrimes

Postby site admin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:12 pm

I would post this on an Autodesk help forum.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby PGrimes » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:24 pm

I did, but no good answers were found other than having everyone using AutoCAD 2010 do an exporttoautocad or aectoacad conversion before each save. The one thing that apprears to only happen when I use Carlson is that the popup window to select 'OK' doesn't come up, just 'Invalid' in the command line and it doesn't allow me to do the command at all. If that popup would come up then it wouldn't be that much hassel.

"If I open straight LDT2009 an error popup of 'this application has detected a mixed version of AEC objects. newer AEC objects will be disallowed from participating in the opertion with an OK button - when I pess the OK button it works. "
Patrick Grimes, PLS
Joe Hunt & Associates
Towanda, PA
PGrimes

Postby site admin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:34 pm

Copy all of this information and submit it to support@carlsonsw.com and I'll see that it makes it up to our programming staff for review. Thank you.

Brian
site admin
Site Admin

Postby PGrimes » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:49 pm

OK thanks Brian.
Patrick Grimes, PLS
Joe Hunt & Associates
Towanda, PA
PGrimes

Have you made any headway with this problem?

Postby chwalen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:26 pm

We are having the same problems going between LDD2009 & Carlson 2010. I'm just wondering if this issue has been resolved?

Thanks
Chris
chwalen

Postby PGrimes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Chris,
Sorry, no it has not been resolved. I was told it is an AutoCAD problem.
Pat
Patrick Grimes, PLS
Joe Hunt & Associates
Towanda, PA
PGrimes

Return to General Carlson Discussion