Change lists for updates?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Change lists for updates?

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:14 pm

Does anyone know where to find a full list of changes included in an update? I have read the list in the Knowledge Base under the Carlson Civil category but it provides very few details.

I need a more complete list of changes.

Thanks.
gskelhorn

Postby entov » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:48 pm

If you looking for new features in 2011, it is here
http://carlsonsw.com/Carlson2011OfficeS ... ments.html

As for 2010 update, then Knowledge base is a summary of larger issues fixed, I do not think there is more detailed list elesewhere.
entov

Postby gskelhorn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I am interested in more detailed change lists so I can pay particular attention after updates to ensure the changes do not introduce an unexpected consequence. Also, I expect there are changes that fix issues making some of my work-arounds unnecessary.

It is a waste of time for me to test each issue I am aware of to determine if the work-around is still required. In my opinion it is a shame there is not more information available to us users.
gskelhorn

Postby gskelhorn » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 pm

This most recent update for Carlson Civil Suite 2011 on Icad6 seems to touch some 500 files and there are four items listed in the knowledge base article for changes.

Everything else is termed a minor fix and perhaps they are. I would feel _much_ more comfortable with a more complete listing of changes.

Please, Carlson, seriously consider being more open with the changes made to the software.
gskelhorn

Return to General Carlson Discussion