BricsCAD Users

Moderator: Carlson Support

BricsCAD Users

Postby site admin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 pm

This is just a survey to see how much interest we have in BricsCAD out there? We've had some requests and would like to know who all is using this product. Simply reply to this topic and I will compile a list for our programming staff to see if this is something we will consider in the future. Thank you all.

Brian
Carlson Software
site admin
Site Admin

Postby emorse4487 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:15 pm

I do not currently use BricsCAD; however, I do feel that it is superior to IntelliCAD in almost every way. If given the choice of using IntelliCAD vs BricsCAD as the included base engine I would choose the latest version of BricsCAD, hands down. I don't think we would entertain the thought of paying the extra $335 per license to upgrade our systems to BricsCAD though.
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:57 pm

We are using Bricscad Pro. We are very pleased.
- performance is good
- application is quite stable
- feature set is good and expanding at a remarkable rate
- lisp / vlisp support is great, pretty much anything found to be incompatible with AutoCAD Autolisp is fixed with priority
- support is good
- issues that do arise are generally fixed and released quickly

From the user point of view, Bricscad (v10 & v11) is way ahead of Intellicad. My brief encounter with the Intellicad 7 beta scared me!

I imagine everything is there in the Pro version to support all the entity linking sorely missing from the Intellicad option.

Fingers crossed for Carlson on Bricscad...
gskelhorn

Bricscad

Postby Vincent Popish » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:31 pm

I use Bricscad for as much as I can. I don't have a program to manipulate points in bricscad or I would use it more. It is much more powerful than intellicad and it has great support, if there is a problem, they address it and fix it right away. I have used Carlson products for well over 20 years, and I am thankful that you have put out an intellicad version. Times are changing, in this area there is no where near the work there has been and work is being done for considerably less. The high price of autocad just can't be justified. However, I feel that bricscad is so much better than intellicad that many would shell out the little more it costs to have the better program.
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Postby mapep » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:27 am

Please add me in the group that would like to see a bricscad version of survey. I have and use Bricscad version 11.1.11 and es the Bricscad tech support is very good, above most!
mapep

Postby jljengr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 pm

As always, a port to Bricscad would make the software again worth using.
jljengr

Briscad

Postby Bandit35 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:57 am

Definitely put me down for Carlson on Briscad
Bandit35

Postby Kazys » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Yes, please do it ASAP.
Kazys

Carlson on BricsCAD

Postby kydbmaster » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:10 pm

I can't imagine anyone who is already using BricsCAD for another application (we are required to use it for LandFX) not wanting to only have one flavor of Intellicad loaded on your PC! For example after downloading your DEMO desktop software and installing it (Intellicad version). I imediately had a tech support issue that after contacting someone in Boston turned out to be a result of having more than one copy of Intellicad loaded! A bad omen when considering having to depend on the two working together on a daily basis. All of these software programs are incredibly powerful (and incredibly complicated) The last thing a user needs is more unnecssary complications. If Carlson needs to hand out a free copy of Intellicad for those surveyors who just need a copy to operate Carlson's Desktop fine... continue to hand it out to them. There are a group of us however, who are required to use BricsCAD and have already purchased BricsCAD. For us having a seperate flavor of Intellicad to keep up with only causes problems and headaches. This is the very reason we are evaluating Carlson... to eliminate problems and headaches. Yes if I chose AutoCAD as my CAD engine I would not be experiancing these issues. But then again I would have to then deal with Autodesk and this goes back to the eliminating problems and headache issue. Who in their right mind given any other choice would willingly choose to deal with Autodesk?
Steve
kydbmaster

Postby vonde1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm

I have been using BricsCad for years. Terrific product and a great value. I would love to see a Carlson port to this platform
vonde1

Postby Jonathan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Yes absolutely. I imagine there are a few more users out there who would like to use Carlson on Bricscad but will not see this thread.
Jonathan

Postby tstrickland » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:26 pm

I don't have Briscad, but if it would make a stable cad platform for Carlson to run on, I would be willing to add it if it isn't too expensive.
EDIT: Well, maybe not. A quick search shows Bricscad v11 Platinum Ebridge (whatever that is) priced at $1,045. The least expensive is $675. Might as well go with either Autocad or the Embedded version, which is what we were trying to get away from. :(
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Bricscad

Postby Vincent Popish » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:08 pm

All you would need would be v11 pro, it is $550.00.
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Postby tstrickland » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Well, I could stand that. Apparently I didn't look enough.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to General Carlson Discussion