Drawing Setup Dialog box not functioning

Moderator: Carlson Support

Drawing Setup Dialog box not functioning

Postby kevinrazor » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:17 pm

When I go to the Settings>Drawing setup pull-down it does not generate a dialog box it just states "Setup program complete. System Variables set."

Any ideas

Also, I'm a little confused on the Carlson "Drawing Scale"????? If I have a 20 scale drawing I would assume that I would set this at 20 thus all of the symbols, text, etc. within that drawing will be scaled for a 20 scale drawing. Also within that dialog box is a Linetype scaler blank....do you set this at "0" (zero) and set your drawing LTSCALE (in autocad) to 20? It appears that some of these functions are "fighting each other" and the ltscale keeps reverting back to 1.
kevinrazor

Postby emorse4487 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 pm

What process are you using to set the drawing scale if the drawing setup dialog box isn't working? I'm not really sure why the Drawing Setup pull-down isn't working. Does it work if you do:

Settings>Carlson Configure>Drawing Setup

Are your linetypes showing up with the correct scale factor when you set the LTSCALE in the Drawing Setup dialog box or no? What exactly do you mean when you say they are fighting each other? Where is the LTSCALE reverting back to 1; in the Drawing Setup dialog box or when you type in LTSCALE at the command prompt (they should be the same)?

Your "Line Type Scaler" is what determines the LTSCALE.

Assuming you have a 20 scale drawing:

Set the "Line Type Scaler" to 1 and your LTSCALE will be 20
Set the "Line Type Scaler" to 0.5 and your LTSCALE will be 10
Set the "Line Type Scaler" to 0.25 and your LTSCALE will be 5

I personally like to use a Line Type Scaler of 0.5, but you can use whatever looks best to your eyes.

It works on the same principle as the symbol plot size & text plot size.
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Return to General Carlson Discussion