Network License

Moderator: Carlson Support

Network License

Postby MIrizarry » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:17 am

I have a network license that works on all of my computers through a VPN connection except for 1. The computer that doesnt work has a 64 bit operating system running Windows 7. All of the other machines have 32 bit and Windows XP. This computer will not find the license server. I've changed all of the enviromental variables and adjusted my firewall settings. Is there anything else I can try?
Thanks.
MIrizarry

Figured it Out

Postby MIrizarry » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:28 am

I figured it out. It did have to do with my firewall settings.
MIrizarry

Postby wordsmith » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:09 pm

hello,

Network licenses are managed by one or more license managers running on servers within your company’s network. An administrator registers your Autodesk products and obtains network licenses for your license managers. Network licensed software installed on workstations does not require individual registration and activation. The license managers allocate network licenses when an Autodesk product is started on your network. Each time a license is allocated, the license manager decrements the available seat count for the product. When the product is closed, the product returns the network license to the pool and the available seat count is updated. Network licenses are called "floating licenses," because they are not tied to a particular workstation or user. Most network licensed Autodesk products allow you to run unlimited concurrent sessions of a product on a single workstation while using only one network license.

thanks,

-------------------------------------------------

free software
software download
free downloads
full download
software
wordsmith

Return to General Carlson Discussion