Conversion to Microstation

Moderator: Carlson Support

Conversion to Microstation

Postby monksjm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:19 pm

We've just been hired by a new client that request us to put our drawings into Microstation prior to submitting. What can we expect to run into for conversion problems?
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Postby jhenning » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Depending on the version of Carlson you are using and in my case Carlson 2010 embedded and 2011 embedded I have seen some conversion problems to V7 or V8. Carlson seems to be having an issue with exporting 3D faces out to microstation. I have resolved this problem by selecting to use tin lines rather than 3D faces for the export. The other problem that I am running into is that the units will not convert properly coming from microstation into Carlson. We have several people that have microstation in the office so I heavily rely on them as there can be many problems associated with converting cad drawings to microstation such as seed file definition and survey foot vs. international foot. I would consult a microstation user before committing yourself to exporting dgns out of Carlson.
jhenning

Postby site admin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Dear Jhenning,

The Export feature is part of the Acad engine you are using. If there is a problem, please contact us directly to resolve this matter.

email: support@carlsonsw.com

Please incude:
-Detailed description of the issue you are seeing
-Version of Carlson and Acad
-Build from Help>About Carlson
-Which operating system, WindowsXP, Vista or Win7
-32 bit or 64 bit
-Example files showing error and for testing
-Contact info

Thank you,

Carlson Software
Technical Support