Things I've noticed...

Moderator: Carlson Support

Things I've noticed...

Postby monksjm » Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm

I've been now a Carlson user for the past 3-4 years. Very satisfied with the product. However, I've noticed some small "glitches" with my system since using Carlson.

1. Savetime variable gets shut off. No matter how many days in a row I set it, when i get in the next day it's off. This has cost me some major time.

2. Paper/Model tab button. I've turned this on and saved my workspace numerous times. Some days it's there, some days it's not.

3. When i go to print, and select window, it will "bump" then i have to click the window button again. Seems like the first try never works.

I'm sure there are a few more here and there i run into. But especially the savetime one is the biggest annoyance. Any reason as to why?

Thanks

Carlson 2011 (latest build) on top of Land Desktop Companion 2009
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Postby R Stillwell » Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 pm

In regards to the SAVETIME variable... I don't know that I would blame that on Carlson. Do you use the PUBLISH command?

There has been a bug in the PUBLISH command for the last 3 or 4 years that causes it to not reset the SAVETIME variable. I use the following reactor to alert me when the SAVETIME variable changes and if possible let me know what command changed it.

Code: Select all
(defun C:ALERTME ()
   (vl-load-com)
   (setq VTFRXN (vlr-editor-reactor nil '((:VLR-sysVarChanged . VTF))))
)

(defun VTF (CALL CALLBACK / vtf:nst)
   (if (and
    (= (strcase (car CALLBACK)) (setq str "SAVETIME"))
    (eq (getvar str) 0)
       )
       (progn
    (princ (strcat "\nWarning: The " (getvar "CMDNAMES") " command has changed your Autosave settings to 0."))
    (if (setq vtf:nst (getint "\nEnter new value for SAVETIME <10>: "))
      (progn
        (setq vtf:st vtf:nst)
        (setvar "SAVETIME" vtf:st)
        )
      (progn
        (setvar "SAVETIME" 10)
        (setq vtf:st 10)
        )
      )
    )
     )
  (setq vtf:st (getvar "SAVETIME"))
  )

(if (= (getvar "SAVETIME") 0)
  (progn
    (setq vtf:st (getint "\nSAVETIME is currently set to 0 minutes\nEnter new value for SAVETIME: "))
    (setvar "SAVETIME" vtf:st)
    )
  (setq vtf:st (getvar "SAVETIME"))
  )

(c:alertme)

I have also noticed the need to double click the Window option in the plot dialog.
R Stillwell

Return to General Carlson Discussion