Proxy Graphics

Moderator: Carlson Support

Proxy Graphics

Postby donna_jwsc » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:26 pm

I am using Carlson Survey 2011 Embedded AutoCAD on Windows 7

We recently upgraded from AutoCAD 14 to 2011 (big jump). I am trying to copy/paste and wblock from older drawing files that came from various agencies; basically maps of counties or city maps. I keep getting the error message that says it cannot perform the task because of the proxy graphics. I have the box checked under the Options, System Tab, check for live enablers. I have downloaded the most recent Object Enabler from AutoDesk. I have tried exploding whole maps hoping to remove the entities but I just keep getting the same error; wblock rejected due to proxy object. The Copy to Clipboard command just says it failed. We do a lot of area and vicinity maps so I really need these older drawings.

Does anyone know how I can remove the entities that are causing the rejection?
donna_jwsc

Postby tstrickland » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:24 pm

It may be the graphic scale. I get an error message about proxy graphics after loading a drawing that I have inserted a graphic scale in, but I just ignore it since it doesn't affect my drawing.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Proxy Graphics

Postby donna_jwsc » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Thank you for the response Terry.
I erased the graphic scale, did a purge all; drawing utilities for removing xdata, groups, reactors (not that I know what a reactor is). It still comes up with the error message.
I am just going to keep trying to get around it, even if I have to resort to setting up my old computer with R14 and wblocking out each layer until I find the problem data.
donna_jwsc

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:22 pm

If you are using a *.DWT template file to start new drawings be sure to check that file for proxy objects. Probably in your pre-loaded block definitions.
Dent Cermak

Proxy Graphics

Postby donna_jwsc » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:58 pm

I think it may be that the original maps were converted from files that had "center points" where text would be placed. I just tested it on an older vicinity map I had, erased the text insertion points and now I can insert the file into a new drawing. This will take a while to convert. Wish there was an easier way.

Thank you for your help.
donna_jwsc

Return to General Carlson Discussion