Layers drop down

Moderator: Carlson Support

Layers drop down

Postby bcyr » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:36 pm

My layers drop down toolbar is listing layers in no particular order, typically they're in alphabetical order. They are shown correctly under the layers explorer, what's the deal?
bcyr

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Sounds like you have more layer that the value set in MAXSORT system variable.

Run MAXSORT and increase the value then check if that helps.
gskelhorn

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Now if that setting would just fix the sort order for my point groups!! :cry:
Dent Cermak

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Dent Cermak wrote:Now if that setting would just fix the sort order for my point groups!! :cry:

If only... the MAXSORT setting is a cad thing and the point group manager is Carlson. Tired of the Up / Down buttons?

If sorting was brought into the point group manager I would like to be able to choose to sort by group name or creation date. You know... If I could have anything I wanted :D

But more seriously, how many points groups you working with Dent? Ever find anywhere the point group description is used?
gskelhorn

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:46 pm

I'll have from 5 to 30 point groups to deal with. Use them to insert specific items. When I am tracking utilities it is nice to have JUST the elec points inserted, or the gas points, etc. I usually have anywhere from 500 to 10,000 points and I just don't need them ALL in there at any one time, except when building my surface.
Dent Cermak

Return to General Carlson Discussion