Carlson Civil users in New Zealand?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson Civil users in New Zealand?

Postby kotuku4 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi
Are there Carlson Civil or Civil Suite users in New Zealand?
Would like some advice on suitability switching from Civil 3D to Carlson, and weather I need Civil or the Civil suite?

Regards, Kelvin
kotuku4

Re: Carlson Civil users in New Zealand?

Postby Dent Cermak » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Go over to surveyorconnect.com and sign up. It's free and there are several guys "Down Under" on Carlson there to give you some help.
Off hand I would recommend which ever package that has all the tools that you need. If you don't need the extra stuff in Civil Suite, the go with the base package. You can always add the other stuff later.
Dent Cermak

Postby kotuku4 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply.
I have managed to confirm from testing different demo options on different computers that I need at least the survey and civil tools, meaning that the civil suite is the way to go. It would be nice to have an fully unlocked trial version of the software to give a good test. I have been provided a configuration file for metric and local projection. But the usefulness of the software is determined by working through a job and being able to test if the outputs can be customised to suit our requirements. Will it work for us?
Still looking for advice form any NZ users of Civil Suite.
Regards Kelvin
kotuku4

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:04 pm

Kelvin, there should be a Carlson Rep in your area. Look him up and he should be able to get you a full demo package. Many of the software packs contain a free 30 day trial demo. I know the Survey package does. These download demos may be limited, but the local sales gut should be able to get you what you need. Also try the LinkedIn Carlson Group for someone in your location. I think I seen some posters from you part of the world on there. If all else fails, contact the guys on this site at Carlson Support. They should be able to turn you in the right direction to what you need.
Dent Cermak

Postby kotuku4 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi
Yes I am told all that is available is 30 day demo, with no save and print, etc. And to try a on different pc.
I get part way into testing hit a snag and then lose what I have done. Give up and go an do some work.
kotuku4

Postby ColC » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:23 am

Patrick O'Connor is the man you should contact on
poconnor@carlsonsw.com
I have Survey & Civil and it runs very well. I use the Inteelicad version and the new release due out shortly will close the gap on the differences with Autocad. And the price is very attractive. And I could not believe you could ever get the same level of support from Autocad as from the team at Carlsons.
The full Civil Suite includes Hydrology & GIS. The Hydrology looks very good, I haven't used it because I have other established hydrology software and I don't have a need for the GIS. If I wasn't in the last years of my working career I would be probably be getting the lot.

Good Luck with it all.
ColC

Return to General Carlson Discussion