Extreme Newbie-----Text Styles etc

Moderator: Carlson Support

Extreme Newbie-----Text Styles etc

Postby Mr_W » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:21 am

Hi All.... extreme newbie here, just trying to get my Carlson 2015 W/Intellicad up and running. Was a longtime user of Civilcad/Magnet software, but thought I would make the leap to Carlson, considering my Instrument supplier used to supply SurvCE.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for general online knowledge/training etc...my location is Western Australia (and as far as I'm aware I might be the lone duck in West Aust for using the program).
I have been provided a WA version of the CFG to work in our formats, and currently stumbling thru the rest.

At this stage I am trying to preset text styles that I mainly use (and only getting my head around templates). My main text styles are Arial, Arial Narrow & Arial Black, also using italics and bold formatting (but not limited to)

Any helpful hints and advice would be great.
Cheers
Mr_W

Re: Extreme Newbie-----Text Styles etc

Postby ColC » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 am

There is great collection of videos you can view on the Carlsons support section of the web page. Some of the earlier videos are good to get a handle around some of the basics. You will find some of those may be a little outdated with improvements over the years. You will begin to explore for yourself with the aid of the videos.

It is a pretty intuitive program which I am sure you wont regret acquiring. I think you will find other WA users

Good luck
ColC

Postby Mr_W » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:56 am

Cheers ColC Will look at the older training, wasn't sure if it was too out dated.
According to my sales rep, I am the first in West Aust...... guess i'm a pioneer in those term.
Mr_W

Postby Dent Cermak » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Also, check out the training manuals available for Carlson at cadapult.com and also at thatcadgirl.com .
Jennifer DiBona's manuals will lead you through the set up and configuration using easy to understand language. Her books are well constructed and come with the training data on a usb stick for your use.
Dent Cermak

Return to General Carlson Discussion