Wizard Update Error

Moderator: Carlson Support

Wizard Update Error

Postby mer645 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:10 pm

I have an odd issue. We have some legacy survey projects that were designed and are still being built using SurvCADD Release 2XML (AutoCAD 2002). We still have a handful of users doing stakeout and asbuilts for a few long-term projects -over 15 years.

A few weeks ago, some of the users got an error “scjstart.exe has stopped working” when opening the software - in the event viewer there is a faulting module error with the msvcrt.dll when the software opens. Also, the window comes up to check for update thru the update wizard. If the software does not check for updates, it opens fine.

So, I am thinking it has to do with the update window. We are all up to date so there is not need to check. How do I turn this off? Registry? Software options? I can’t get to the check box when it opens – crashes too fast – and but even in the past we couldn’t stop it from checking on some pc’s. It would not save the “never check again” option.

We are getting closer to the point where we don’t need this any more, but it is a burden on the survey drafters who can no longer work in the software on their own pc.
mer645

Return to General Carlson Discussion