Last Version of Carlson that supported Champion Pro GNSS

Moderator: Carlson Support

Last Version of Carlson that supported Champion Pro GNSS

Postby ATVJOEL » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:35 pm

Does anyone know the last Version of SurvPC/CE that supported Champion Pro GNSS?

We are adding a crew and got a good deal on base and rover but apparently can only use it with FieldGenius. I am not a huge fan of Field Genius. SurvPC website on supported hardware says it was never supported which is false. Even shows it never supported the R8 which is false, I know V4.0 use to support the Trimble R8.

We currently run 6.0 and thinking the Champion Pro GNSS was supported on V5.0 but might have been V4.0

The other question is it possible to buy an older version? Or downgrade an existing license?

Rant below:

I dont make the corporate calls but makes no sense why you once support a manufacture and works then strip it out and claim that it was never supported. This is one of the main reasons people go with carlson because Trimble Access and Survey Pro folded their arms and wont support the off brands. Now looks like Field Genius is the only one left standing that will support all the off brands.

What else did they strip out of V7.0. I have a need for 2 more data collectors but now being forced into Field Genius. Field Genius I cant stand it but at least it supports the off brands.
ATVJOEL

Re: Last Version of Carlson that supported Champion Pro GNSS

Postby ATVJOEL » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:09 pm

V5.0 supported Champion Pro, says it in the release notes they fixed a bug with Champion Pro.

Is it possible to downgrade a SurvPC license to V5.0?

Thank you
ATVJOEL

Return to General Carlson Discussion