Copying and pasting.

Moderator: Carlson Support

Copying and pasting.

Postby krysgolab » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:49 pm

Every time when you copy and paste object, C&G scans the drawing for C&G entities. I wonder what is that for, there was no such a thing in C&G 7.0. Can I turn that off somehow. It really takes a lot of my time when working on file with many points.
krysgolab

Postby krysgolab » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:53 pm

What is weard this procidure was not active in demo, but after I’ve put the change key.
krysgolab

Copying/Pasting -scaning for cg entities

Postby bwilson » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:21 pm

I'm sorry, there is no setting switch to turn off this scan. consequently, i have only seen this happen with very large files or Autocad LDT drawings.

I do acknowlege seeing this blue Bar scaning below the command line which reads "Scaning for CG Entities". it is reading the the coordinate points or trying to find them but not necessarily during a copy/paste routine.

This scanning should not cause the drawing to crash or lockup but if this is the case please send in your files to be examined further.

Barry Wilson
C&G Software Division
Carlson Software
Atlanta Office
1-800-367-1157
bwilson

Postby krysgolab » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:19 pm

The file is not big at all, I have maybe 1,500 points so far. Can it be changed in the future version?
krysgolab

Postby krysgolab » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:39 pm

I’ve noticed that it usually happens after I paste the C&G entities to a different drawing, than it starts the scanning process.
Krystian Golebiewski
Brittain & Crawford
C&G 17 inside of Civil 3D
krysgolab

C&G Scanning drawing

Postby bwilson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Each time after the user copied and pasted entities, deleted entities, or uses the undo and redo commands, etc. C&G will scan the drawing for point symbols. This made working on a drawing very slow. It will no longer occur after using these AutoCAD commands.

NOTE - About C&G Scanning the Drawing:
C&G must maintain a list of point symbol entities currently in the drawing for the purposes of removing points from the screen, picking points, etc. If you copy points from one drawing to another, delete C&G point entities using AutoCAD commands, use UNDO and/or REDO, etc. it can cause C&G point symbols to be added and/or removed from the drawing. This can cause C&G to not recognize a point symbol. If the scanning operations are too slow you can turn off the scanning. If you do not use copy-paste or other AutoCAD commands to alter, remove or create C&G point symbols, then the scanning is completely unnecessary.

- you can now turn off scanning for C&G points by unchecking "C&G Point Scanning ON" on the "General" tab of the "C&G Options" dialog. You can also use the CGTools menu: if the "C&G Point Scanning" menu item is checked, click on it to turn off point scanning.
bwilson

Return to C&G for AutoCAD