Inverse - fatal error

Moderator: Carlson Support

Inverse - fatal error

Postby krysgolab » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:51 pm

When inversing with autocad point group turn on, inverse routine does not work and shows fatal error message.
[/img]L:\screen.JPG
krysgolab

Postby krysgolab » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:06 pm

I guess nobody else has noticed that. It happens all the time to me. When I try to inverse it shows me a message - “Fatal Error extracting C&G Extended Data”, and it does not snap to the point. Can it be checked by Carlson? [/img]
Krystian Golebiewski
Brittain & Crawford
C&G 17 inside of Civil 3D
krysgolab

Postby Jason » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:39 pm

try emailing bwilson@carlsonsw.com the screen shot of the error.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

SAME PROBLEM IN CG_18

Postby krysgolab » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:39 pm

So I guess we just have to deal with that issue? Cg 18 still doesn’t let you inverse or draw the line by coordinates when you have autocad points turn on. It is even worse, because when you turn those points off inverse routine takes like 5 sec. to display results (crd file is maybe 4000 points). In CG_17 inverse and line by coord. worked fine, once you turn acad points off.
Krystian Golebiewski
Brittain & Crawford
krysgolab

CG18 & Civil 3D Points

Postby bwilson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:21 pm

CGSurvey 18 is currently only able to plot CG & Carlson Points & not fully compatable with Civil 3D program yet - specifically plotting LDD or Civil points and reading the extended data. C&G must maintain a list of point symbol entities currently in the drawing for the purposes of removing points from the screen at anytime.

We can however Open a *.MDB (LDD Autocad 3D point) format but our program has to plot our points to be read properly.

The reason for the long delay during Inversing its search for the CGpoint data base which it cant seem to find & a memory overload causes it to lag or crash. That is why its best to Turn off Autocad Points during any executing CG commands like the COGO - Inverse.
bwilson

Re: CG18 & Civil 3D Points

Postby krysgolab » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:06 pm

I can understand that CG has troubles when civil 3d points are on, but it shouldn’t when they are off. Inversing takes much longer than it did in CG 17. I guess it’s because of the way it handles C&G points in 18?
Krystian Golebiewski
Brittain & Crawford
krysgolab

Return to C&G for AutoCAD