inversing using "snap to perpendicular"

Moderator: Carlson Support

inversing using "snap to perpendicular"

Postby krysgolab » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:22 pm

This should be fixed. When inversing from point to the line with different elevations using "snap to perpendicular", CG 7 freezes and CG 17 comes up with really incorrect solution. "z" value should be excluded from this calculation
Last edited by krysgolab on Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
krysgolab

Again about inversing with “per”

Postby krysgolab » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:37 am

I’ve said that already, but this bug was way too long in that software to ignore it. I don’t know any other place to post it, so I’m hoping for somebody from C&G team to view it. I understand that intense of “inversing” was to use “z” value, but I believe it could be modified, so when you inverse from point to the line using “snap to perpendicular”, and a line has variable “z” values, then those “z” values are excluded from the calculation, instead “z” value of the point you inverse from is used. This bug is a real pain when working on as built surveys with topography.
krysgolab

Autocad OSNAP & CG Inverse

Postby bwilson » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:02 pm

It appears you have used the combination of Autocad Perpendicular Osnap setting and a CG command called Inverse which was designed to work with CGpoints not 3D. The CGProgram was not designed to recognize this 3D intersect or a 3D Line but will only read on a 2D plane.

It appears that Autocad computes this Graphic point value (believed it was successful) but actually the location is really junk that is then fed into our point ID causing an overflow in memory to produce a lockup or crash.

My only suggestion is to use the CG Perpendicular intersect routine to get the results needed.

Barry Wilson
C&G Software Division
Atlanta Office
bwilson

Postby krysgolab » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 pm

This is not an answer I was hoping to get. Please don't tell me, that I have to coordinate the line, to get the perpendicular dimension. I use inversing instead of autocad "dist", because it gives me 2d dimensions and it works great on all other autocad "snaps", but not on "snap to per". I think that should be fixed. I posted the issue about "snap to per" trying to find 3d solution (which I don't think anyone could possible need - except maybe architects) on autodesk website, so maybe if that gets changed inversing to "per" will work.
krysgolab

Return to C&G