Windows VISTA

Moderator: Carlson Support

Windows VISTA

Postby hfitts » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:29 pm

Is anyone using C&G DOS with Windows VISTA? I have an older version of C&G which "runs" just fine. The problem is that the window it runs in on my VISTA machine is fixed to a very small one. Nothing I have tried will resize this window. I suspect that there is something about the VISTA video drivers that are causing this. Does anyone have a solution?
Henry
hfitts

CGSurvey for Dos & Vista OS

Postby bwilson » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Henry,

CGSurvey for Dos is a 16bit application and has troubles running properly in Vista Operating systems. many issue abound.

The issue concerning the DOS shell screen maynot be corrected;however, try Properties from the short-cut icon & change the Compatibility Mode to Run in Windows 98 or 95 - it might work.

if this does not run, its due to a 16bit application trying to function in a 32 or 64bt which it was not design to do so.

From my own experience, i tried to run the CGSurvey program, got the main menu but failed in COGO routine & it kicked me.

The Other issue is the Hardware lock - this security device needs a Parallel port to find this device without it - it runs only in DEMO MODE. The new computer no longer have this port only USB.

I suggestinstalling the program on Windows XP or an older Operating system

if you have any further question, feel free to contact me.

Barry Wilson
C&G Software Division
Carlson Software
Atlanta GA Office
1-800-367-1157
bwilson

Windows VISTA

Postby hfitts » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:44 pm

Barry,

This is what I suspected. The program was running fine on my XP machine (which, unfortunately is down right now). I think the parallel port issue can be solved with a USB-to-Parallel adapter, although I have not tried that yet. Thanks for the reply.
Henry
hfitts

Return to C&G