windows 2000 and the hardware lock

Moderator: Carlson Support

windows 2000 and the hardware lock

Postby Carol Adam » Wed Oct 31, 2001 8:57 pm

I have several users who log on to the same workstation. The hardware lock works for one of the users, but not the rest. How do I fix this?
(The four other users only use the software to download their data collectors, they don't do any design work)
Carol Adam

Re: windows 2000 and the hardware lock

Postby Richard Henline » Wed Oct 31, 2001 9:37 pm

I have not run across this problem, I would have to say that the other users permissions are set to low for them to access the program, Do you get an error message or anything when the other people try to use the program
Richard Henline

Postby Carol Adam » Thu Nov 01, 2001 5:24 pm

When other users try to access the program they get the message that the hardware lock isn't found. All users have administrative rights to the local machine. The most current C&G patch is applied as well as the most current sentinal drivers
Carol Adam

Postby Richard Henline » Mon Nov 05, 2001 2:22 pm

The only thing that could be causing this problem is the users profiles. The one user that can access the program must be the one the drivers were installed under. When you log on as a new user the only thing that I can think of is that it is not loading the sentinal dirvers for that user. Try installing the dirvers for each user and see if that makes a differance. Windows 2000 can be tricky when setting up user privilages
Richard Henline

Return to C&G