5.50.04 not available to all users?

Moderator: Carlson Support

5.50.04 not available to all users?

Postby Larry VonDeBur,PLS » Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:06 am

Given the history of C&G over the past several years I am not really reassured that only users current on support agreements will be receiving future "bug fix" upgrades to the 5.50 release. There are those of us who stayed on support on good faith for quite a while waiting for a bug free release of the software. 5.50.03 caused as many problems as it alleviated. I am not willing to re-up on support until I see some good faith on the part of the company to really develop this product. My faith in Dean and the oldies at C&G from the DOS days going back 10 years made me a fan, but the blind loyalty has long since been used up. All the rah-rah about the new owners is swell but DELIVER a bug free windows product or I am going to quit paying attention
Larry VonDeBur,PLS

Re: 5.50.04 not available to all users?

Postby Leland Lee Myers » Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:45 am

I'm with you Larry. Everyone that has 5.50 should be entitled to a clean version with or without a support agreement. I'm not talking about new features, just fix the program. I beta tested 5.50 and reported nearly everyone of the problems the program still has and recommended that it not be released until they were fixed. I have a very small business and cannot afford to pay support every year so I purchase an upgrade when the program has enough new features to make it worthwhile. I do not use technical support unless the program is totally impossible. I still would love to have a good manual that has an excellent index with cross referencing to the ItelliCAD manual. The user should not have to suffer the consequences of the last couple of years at C&G
Leland Lee Myers

Postby Jeff » Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:20 pm

zip file sent for 5.5004 @8:02 a
Jeff

Postby jeff » Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:21 pm

zip file sent at 8:03 am
jef
jeff

Postby Mark Ware » Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:28 pm

I also agree! I gave up on C&G about 4 months ago because the program just plain crashed so often that I could not get any work done ina timely manner. I had been using C&G for 7 or 8 years and was not happy about having to learn new software, but was given no choice. A free bug fix might convince me to come back, but I will not be updating by support until and unless the software is stable.<br
Mark Ware

Postby Larry VonDeBur » Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:47 am

Thanks, Jeff (for sending the files). I am sorry to sound irate. I go back to 1991 with C&G and am very convinced that it was (and still is) the best DOS product on the market. I am very aware of the travails of the company en route to the release of the Windows product and since then. I have high hopes for C&G's future with new ownership and Dean's direction. That having been said, after 7 years of first anticipating, beta testing, and suffering along with the first product versions, I am out of patience. Jeff, Dean, Ed and the other old timers at C&G are the best, but the product no longer is
Larry VonDeBur

Return to C&G