Printing from CG DOS to HP plotter in Win98

Moderator: Carlson Support

Printing from CG DOS to HP plotter in Win98

Postby Mark Y. » Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:07 pm

Having a problem printing from CG DOS to HP DesignJet from Win98. The job spools to the printer but will not print until I exit CG. I also get a messege saying there is a device conflict, both Windows and SU are try to use the printer port. I have to tell it to allow SU access. Suggestions? Solutions?

CG DOS ver 4.40.13
HP DesignJet 430 drv ver 4.40
Win98 (First edition
Mark Y.

Re: Printing from CG DOS to HP plotter in Win98

Postby Jeff Smith » Wed Feb 06, 2002 2:45 pm

Suggestion, print out of dos with dos programs, Solution, Run dos programs from a real dos boot(shut down and boot in dos) with windows 98.
Jeff Smith

Postby John Nelson » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:24 am

You do have another option. go to START->SETTINGS->PRINTERS and right click on the printer you are using and go to properties. CLick on the details tab and then click on the spool settings button. IF you can (Ive known some printers do not let you do this, and if you can't then you are out of luck)click on the print directly to the printe radio button and click OK. Then click on the PORT SETTINGS button and uncheck spool DOS print jobs
John Nelson

Postby George MacKnight » Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:22 pm

I installed a second parallel port and run the plotter on lpt1 and my sentinal on lpt2. I had conflicts too and this cleared up the problem
George MacKnight

Return to C&G