NAD83

Moderator: Carlson Support

NAD83

Postby Joe » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:00 pm

Has anyone had any luck in converting lat&long to nad83 with cg for windows. Doing a job now where we have lat &long on several spots. Compared them with USGS maps and were pretty close. When we converted the lat&long to coords and inversed between them we got a dist way off!! Any advice???
Joe

Re: NAD83

Postby Larry P » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:51 pm

Joe,

I know you have probably already done this; but, my first thought would be that you have the wrong state set in the options file. Go there and if that is correct, you might check to be sure the scale factors are set correctly. If it isn't one of those two things, you have me stumped.

Larry :o
Larry P

Postby Steven L. Crutchfield » Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:36 pm

Joe, There is a glitch in the state setting under the global options. the state you select is off by one state. ie I am in virginia for NAD 83 I have to set my state as washington because it is listed one state passed virginia on the list. So what ever state you are in go under global options and set you state to the state that is listed after yours<br
Steven L. Crutchfield

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:18 am

still having same problem. How do I put a lat and long that are for example n41-54.989' w73-13.318'
Is it possible to put these reading in cg??
Joe

Postby BillyD » Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:22 am

I use CGWin Ver. 5.50.02 and 5.50.04. My conversion from lat.-Long. to NAD Coordinates works ok. Also, my state (NC) is set correctly in the options. I've compared results with CGDos and get the same
BillyD

Return to C&G