C&G RAW file to Autodesk FBK file conversion

Moderator: Carlson Support

C&G RAW file to Autodesk FBK file conversion

Postby Cary Melvin » Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:44 pm

How do you convert a C&G RAW observation file (*.RAW)from a C&G Field Data Collector to an Autodesk Field Book (*.FBK) file
Cary Melvin

Re: C&G RAW file to Autodesk FBK file conversion

Postby Jeff » Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:55 pm

C&G RAW FILES are made to work within C&G, how does autodesk recommend you get it into their fieldbook?
Most Auotdesk users actaully use a third party software to do traverse adjustments etc, due to SEVERE LACK OF EFFECIENCY in their system.
What are you trying to accomplish with raw file? If you want to reduce a traverse with adjustemnts you can do that in tha data collector and then send ascii coordinate file to LDD
Jeff

Postby JEFF AGAIN » Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:57 pm

Are there any types of raw files you can take into LDD? WE can output an sdr type file
JEFF AGAIN

Postby Cary Melvin » Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:05 pm

Autodesk Survey only accepts the following RAW data formats to convert to Autodesk FBK:
1. TDS Raw Data
2. Sokkia SDR Numeric 4
3. Sokkia SDR Alpha 14
4. Topcon FC-4
5. Leica GRE3
6. SMI
7. Topcon GTS 210/310 Raw Data
8. Nikon DTM-700, 400, 300, DR-48
9. TOpcon DL-100 Digital Level

As you can see C&G RAW is not supported for some reason. I can see that you can output SDR2 or SDR33 by transfering through C&G for DOS which might work. But this is not the way I would prefer to do it seeing that I dump directly via HCOM for Windows (Dumoing multiple files via C&G for DOS looks very cumbersome).

What I am looking for is something like a stand-alone program that would convert C&G RAW files into an Autodesk FBK file. Is something like this available
Cary Melvin

Postby Jeff » Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:57 pm

We do not have a program like that but you could download in sdr fpormat and get there the long way,
sorry
jef
Jeff

Return to C&G