Window functions in DOS

Moderator: Carlson Support

Window functions in DOS

Postby Mark Baker » Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:29 am

I am interested in inserting text files in C&G DOS. Is this how you insert legends and common notes. Can you type this in word pad or Corel work perfect. I know DOS is going out and I am slowly learning Carlson Survey but I would still like to know how to do this. Thanks in advance.
Mark Baker

Re: Window functions in DOS

Postby Mark Daiute » Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:21 am

Type up the document and be sure to save it as a text file. Save it in: \Su\Data\.

Use the window function in CG DOS, (T for window function, then F for "text from file".

Sadly, this worked extrememely well in the old program and has yet to work as well in CG Window
Mark Daiute

Postby Larry P » Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:09 am

I must be doing something different than you folks are. For me it worked quite well in Dos and Even better in Intellicad.

In fact, as soon as you see the 2000 (or perhaps newer) version of Intellicad, it will blow you away. I sometimes do most of the COGO and mathmatics of a survey using C. & G. for Int. 98 and then switch to Int. 2000 to "finish" the mapping.

As for all the old Dos die hards, I have talked to quite a few folks who have made the switch to Intellicad. So far, I have not found even ONE who wants to go back. Yes making the transition is a pain in the butt and will cost you some time and productivity. However, once you catch on to Intellicad, you will wonder what took you so long to switch.<br
Larry P

Postby Mark Baker » Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:31 pm

Thanks for the help. Now if you don't mind, can you tell me how to save Corel word perfect to a text file
Mark Baker

Postby Gary Cottrell » Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:03 am

This is fairly straight forward in any word processor... when you've finished typing your document, use "save as" from the file menu, and in the "save as file" dialogue box use the pull-down arrow in the "file types" field to select "ASCII text (dos)" file. You may want to give you're filename a three letter extension (.txt or .asc or ...) to identify it from other filenames representing pure WP or Word files with "rich" text. Also make sure you save it in the directory or folder you've set up in the F5 function screen path
Gary Cottrell

Return to C&G