PopUp Windows

Moderator: Carlson Support

PopUp Windows

Postby Chuck Sharp » Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:21 pm

I am using Version 5.50.04 of CG for Windows and just can't seem to get used to the pop-up windows that appear any time I traverse, inverse, or intersect. The boxes consistantly cover up the points (on the drawing) that I want to click on. That wouldn't be so bad, but I can't see them to type them manually, either. Is there any way to disable this feature?

On another matter.....Thanks to Jeff and Don for help with a recent problem.

Chuck Shar
Chuck Sharp

Re: PopUp Windows

Postby Jeff » Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:36 pm

Chuck,
I like the boxes after I got used to them, but I do have to move them frequently. On my wish list is the ability to set where the box appears at. This would allow me to pick for instance one corner of my drawing for pop-up boxes and keep that in mind when I zoom and stuff to prepare for an operation. In addition these are standard windows dialog boxes and you can move them by left clicking and holding down the left mouse button and repositioning them.Release of the mouse button drops the dialog box
Jeff

Postby Chuck Sharp » Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:51 pm

Jeff,

Yeah, I know you can move them around. Just getting tired of doing so. And you can't mix picked points with typewritten point numbers. I suppose I'll get used to it. Old dogs - new tricks, ya know.

Thanks,
Chuc
Chuck Sharp

Postby Leland Myers » Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:28 am

Chuck, I have found that you can switch back and forth from picking points to typing in the next point number by mouse clicking on the next point box. This does allow mixing even though it is not as convenient as we might like
Leland Myers

Postby Chuck Sharp » Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:46 am

Leland,

Yes, I new one could click in the "next point" box. However, as you stated, it is not as convenient as I would like. I think I spent too long using the DOS product (thanks Ed and Dean). What a neat product. But I shall endeavor to persevere.

Chuc
Chuck Sharp

Postby Steve O'Brien » Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:01 am

I agree with you Chuck...The dialog boxes are very unproductive and a real nuisance. I find it hard to believe that the programmers didn't include a way to turn them off. I don't think I've ever read a positive comment about them from users. I've opted to stay with the prior version hoping they will be eliminated at some point in the near future.

Stev
Steve O'Brien

Postby Eric Day » Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:38 am

I use Ver. 5.50.03. Is 5.50.04 that different than previous versions? After the first week, I found that I didn't need the popups anymore. So, I got rid of them via "Options" located under the "Tools" menu. Also available by typing "config". Just click or unclick the box that says "DISPLAY PROMPT BOXES"
Eric Day

Return to C&G