Slooooooow

Moderator: Carlson Support

Slooooooow

Postby Mark Daiute » Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:33 pm

I am networked.

I have 3 computers, 2 with win98 1 with winxp-pro.

I am using cgwindows intelicad98 on all three. The winxp-pro computer is the new kid on the block. It prints to plotters on the other 2 computers. It takes 20 minutes to send a drawing to the network printers (a designjet 220 attached to one of the older coputers and a dj430 attached to the other older computer)

In fact, I have yet to get a proper print from the new computer to the 430. Any ideas
Mark Daiute

Re: Slooooooow

Postby Barry Bacon, PLS » Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:18 pm

It probably is all related to drivers and the new operating system. If you run a test plot from the driver properties screen, does it also take as long?
I've still got our networked computers running Windows98 because it seemed to be the only operating system we could get every "piece of the puzzle" for - operating system, Winline driver, IntelliCAD compatibility, and C&G compatibility. Does Winline even have and XP driver for your plotters?
Barry Bacon, PLS

Re: Slooooooow

Postby The Long-Lost Chuck Wheat » Sat May 25, 2002 3:28 am

I'd say you need to:
1.) Update your drivers, and
2.) check the network port's port settings... Sometimes, they lose their port settings, and Windows sets them at a default speed of, say 2800baud or 9600 baud. Set them higher, and the info will go through faster.
Play nice, and share...
Chuc
The Long-Lost Chuck Wheat

Return to C&G