C&G for DOS running in MS XPHomeEdition

Moderator: Carlson Support

C&G for DOS running in MS XPHomeEdition

Postby Duane Forney » Sat May 11, 2002 3:48 am

Computer was sent to me with a 2 button microsoft mouse. Can't get a zoom window in C&G for Dos with this mouse. How about switching to a intelimouse by
Microsoft or Logtech. There is the two buttons plus the the wheel on top plus buttons on the side, which can be programmed. Do you think this will work?
C&G for DOS seems to run ok on this operating system.
Let me know.

Duane Forne
Duane Forney

Re: C&G for DOS running in MS XPHomeEdition

Postby Larry P » Sat May 11, 2002 1:52 pm

Duane,

Have you tried printing anything with this setup? My guess is that while you may be able to get the Dos program to run you will not be able to get it to print, plot, download or do anything else with an "outside" device.

This is an example of why we need to move away from using the Dos product. If you decide to make the move to Intellicad, you can do it when you want and on a schedule you choose. If however, you wait until your computer crashes or some other trouble forces you to buy a new system; then, you will have no choice. As far as I know, it isn't possible to buy a new system running Win 95, 98, or even Win 2000.

Does it sound like a good idea to have two or three projects pushing for completion and all of a sudden, you have to learn a new software package? Trust me, it will take some time after you decide to change over before you will become productive.

Enough of my soapbox for now. Good luck high profits for all C. & G. users.

Larry
Larry P

Return to C&G