CG dos to CG win and back again?

Moderator: Carlson Support

CG dos to CG win and back again?

Postby David Cook » Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:53 pm

I am beginning to try some windows draw functions. But before getting too involved I wanted test the system. I converted two CGdos drawings to dxf, loaded them into CGwin, converted them to dwg, inserted one upon the other. Now I'd like to convert either a dxf or dwg back into a dos pl1. But I get an error 10 message? I tried converting into a ACad14.dxf, but CG dos says it doesn't support that version. Any suggestions (besides do everything in CGwin)?<br
David Cook

Re: CG dos to CG win and back again?

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:57 am

Dave-

Why would you want to save a DWG file as a PL file?

I don't think that that option even exists. Save as a DXF file and then open with CG DOS maybe but convert a DWG file as an old CGDOS PL file? I just looked and didn't see that option...

Still have snow at your end of Maine?

Thought of you this weekend as I put Kielbasa on the grill
Mark

Postby David Cook » Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:33 pm

In the Dos "data conVersion" module on the main screen there is an option for "Dxf/Dwg In". But when I try to enter either a dwg or dxf it gives me an error 10 message?

I am in the correct directory because it "sees" all of the files I am trying to open.

I used the term convert because I think that is what it must do for the dos program to do anything with a dxf or dwg file. When you dxf-out it converts your PL into dxf, why not the other way around
David Cook

Postby Joe Kurtanich » Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:34 pm

We have done this before but had to save the .dxf/dwg in release 12 or 10 then open it in DOS.

After going through this a couple of times, we learned how to use the Windows version real quick.

Still do a few things in DOS but not much
Joe Kurtanich

Postby JEFF SMITH » Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:37 pm

The dos version only accepts up to ACAD12 so you do need to .dxf out from intellicad a version 12.dx
JEFF SMITH

Return to C&G