CG-Win editer, dual files and Winline

Moderator: Carlson Support

CG-Win editer, dual files and Winline

Postby Dick » Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:46 pm

I created a drawing with coordinate file "A". I later saved the crd file as "B". When trying to do inverses or anything with the drawing open I have to use the "A" .crd file. Is there any way I can use the "B" file??

<br
Dick

Re: CG-Win editer, dual files and Winline

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:54 pm

Replot with the points using file b and try it. At the very least you may have to do a replot and turn on the 0 layer to do the inverse. Its never smooth for me but I have managed to do it. Many times over. Tech support tells me that this is not the best way to give the coord file a new name. They prefer to use the "move coordinates" command. Talk to them about it cause I haven't used that method yet
Mark

Re: CG-Win editer, dual files and Winline

Postby JEFF SMITH » Fri Jul 05, 2002 4:29 pm

Ok thjis depends on the drawing and its complexity. I use move if the drawing has many offset lines or contours. If not and it is a basic drawing with few or no none C&G Lines I use autocreate points with the new coordinate file open. The reason for this is based on how autocreate works, if iut finds a point at the end of a line of at a deflection point it uises the coordinate point it found instead of making a new one. This means you end up with a drawing now based on your new coordinate file
JEFF SMITH

Return to C&G