CG Windows Loading problems

Moderator: Carlson Support

CG Windows Loading problems

Postby dave » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:33 am

I want to move CG windows over to my other computer which has win 95 on it. It has a slave drive d:, which I tried to load the program on. The program seems to load okay, but when I try to run it I get an error CG_Icadroot not set. I check autoexec.bat and the root is set for d:. When I try to use the program and I say okay to the root warning, the intellicad program gives me an error "this program has performed an illegal operation....". I also tried to load the program on C:, where I get the same results. What am I missing
dave

Re: CG Windows Loading problems

Postby Barry Bacon, PLS » Thu Jul 25, 2002 2:31 pm

As long as you are not adverse to reinstallations, try uninstalling everything, and reinstalling just IntelliCAD on your D-drive. If it runs OK by itself, you'll at least be able to narrow the problem down to the C&G installation. If it crashes as a standalone installation as well, then you get into the "insulting question" phase - do you have enough memory, do you have other Windows-based applications running properly on your D-drive, are the master/slave jumpers set properly on your drives, etc., etc., etc.?<br
Barry Bacon, PLS

Postby dave » Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:27 pm

Thanks for your return Barry. I have Lotus suite running on D: and have also loaded this program several times with 3 different versions of it. At best I had Intellicad working, but when I tried to use a CG function, it came up with "CG unrecognized command". It seems like although the path is set in autoexec.bat, that CG is not communicating with Intellicad. I have also CG Dos working fine on D: (slave drive). Memory isn't a problem - 20 gig slave drive, 256 meg ram. Do you have any other suggestions
dave

Postby jeff smith » Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:54 pm

Your proplem is in the icad root set in the intellicad98 folder. It needs to read d:\Program Files\CGSurvey\cgicad98.dll. I do not have the icad98 loaded so you need to verify that the .dll (look under cgsurvey in the program files folder is cgicad98.dll.
do this in a text editor and save it as icad.sds in the intellicad folder also located under program files on your d drive My quess is you can edit it but right now it is pointing twoards your c drive not your d drive
jeff smith

Postby Burke Mitchell » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:20 pm

It depends on what version of cgsurvey you are using. Earlier versions used
the Autoexec.bat file to set CGSURVEY_ICADROOT.

If you are using version 5.50 you will have to set CGSURVEY_ICADROOT in the
registry under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

If CGSURVEY_ICADROOT is set correctly and you can start IntelliCAD but the
cg commands are not recognized, as Jeff suggested, try editing the icad.sds
file in the IntelliCAD installation directory. You can use notepad to edit
it. Make sure that the path to the dll is correct (it should point to the
dll found in the cgsurvey installation directory). Restart IntelliCAD. This
should get you running.

Burke

<dave> wrote in message news:25575.7206755452@update.carlsonsw.com...

I want to move CG windows over to my other computer which has win 95 on
it. It has a slave drive d:, which I tried to load the program on. The

program seems to load okay, but when I try to run it I get an error
CG_Icadroot not set. I check autoexec.bat and the root is set for d:. When
I try to use the program and I say okay to the root warning, the intellicad
program gives me an error "this program has performed an illegal
operation....". I also tried to load the program on C:, where I get the
same results. What am I missing
Burke Mitchell

Return to C&G