MTEXT Backmask Border Offset Factor

Moderator: Carlson Support

MTEXT Backmask Border Offset Factor

Postby Les » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Is there a variable or setting to set the default MTEXT Backmask Border Offset Factor?

Also a request: Please add a TXT to MTEXT command and give an option to select multiple TXT and create multiple MTEXT. All of the ones I've found so far will make multiple TXT objects into one MTEXT object.

Thanks,

Les
Les

Re: MTEXT Backmask Border Offset Factor

Postby Les » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:02 pm

With a little research I found out that there is not variable or default setting for the backmask offset.

I did however find a way to accomplish what I wanted, which was to change the offset on over 600 labels in my drawing.

I created a WBLOCK of just the MTEXT objects then I saved the WBLOCK as a 2008 DXF file and opened it in Wordpad. Then I used the Find & Replace feature to search for "1.5" and replaced it with "1.1". I had to select the "Whole Word Only" option in the search to only get the offset number. Then I opened the file in Carlson and saved it back to a DWG file.

Maybe this will help someone else or get some ideas going on a better way to change just the offset number.

Les
Les
Les

Postby Jp » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Edit your mtext with Edit>Text>Edit Text
Then, having your Text Formatting box open, in the upper right there is a 'arrow down - options' pick. Open that, then go to background mask and set the offset factor to 1.0. This is the minimum setting allowed.
This will reduce your background mask.
Jp

Return to Survey