Carlson 2009 Embedded Autocad - Misc help (new user)

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson 2009 Embedded Autocad - Misc help (new user)

Postby JSO » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:39 pm

I just recently switched from autocad 2000i with custom aliases/shortcuts to carlson 2009.

I have a few minor questions, if anyone could answer, would be greatly appreciated.

*1. is there a way to edit/create aliases for known commands? (ive skimmed around and heard about quick keys or editing/creating a file, but they sounded like specifics for other versions and not 2009)

2. i havent been able to find the command for *change length* of line or arc etc. does anyone know the full name or shortcut?
3. is there a way to enable tabs for easier viewing between opened drawings? (just a minor inconvenience)
4. Is there a shortcut for drawing a building? ie: pick a known line and enter a distance (5.3 or -5.3 etc)
5. i also havent been able to find the tool or command for text mask/wipeout
JSO

Postby Jason » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 pm

1. the quick keys are programmed in the embedded version and there is not a quick key editor.
2. Try edit-extend-by distance, here you can type T for total and enter the distance, (T45) it will lengthen or shorten the line accordingly to reach the distance.
3. Not sure about these tabs, I can't find a way to activate anything like that.
4. Try the extend-by distance and press H for help, it will display a list of commands to use within the extender. You can do right and left and distances so for buildings this is the best command.
5. Wipeout on the command line should do this for you. It is not in a menu that i know of.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby JSO » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:59 am

Thanks for the help =)

Jason wrote:1. the quick keys are programmed in the embedded version and there is not a quick key editor.

I came across an image of "Quick Keys 1.1 Editor" in Carlson Software Knowledge Base. Is this not featured with 2009 embedded?
JSO

Postby Jason » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:07 pm

That is only for the Intellicad and Autocad version of our software.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby alanrf1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:57 pm

this may or may not be correct for your version.
1. Under the Settings Menu, select Quick keys to bring up the quick key editor.
2. using grips and dynamic input you can change the length of a line. Click on the line, you should see a series of small blue boxes (grips) that indicate points on the line. Select one of the grips, it will change color, probably to red, now if dynamic input is on you should se several yellow boxes appear. Press the tab key, this while put you in the length box. change the number press enter. You can change the angle this way too.
3. Crtl-Tab should allow you to switch from one drawing to the next if you are in a windows based system.
4. Dont know.
5. Type wipeout at the command line or use the background masking function under the text formatting dialog box.
If it can't be grown, it has to be mined
alanrf1

Return to Survey