Intellicad Annoyance after upgrade

Moderator: Carlson Support

Intellicad Annoyance after upgrade

Postby vonde1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:19 pm

After the recent upgrade to Intellicad 6.5 (Carlson Survey 2009) I am prompted with the following:

"IntelliCAD has newer versions of the menus and toolbars then the ones you are currently using. In order to use the newer menus and toolbars, they need to be reset.

Do you want to reset the menus and toolbars?"

If I select YES, then none of the Carlson toolbars are loaded. Is there a way to turn this prompt off? it is getting annoying.
vonde1

Postby dr » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:57 pm

vonde1,

You my try to load the menu file - type MENU at the command line and load the icadbase.mnu file - this should reload the menu file.

Did your program run an automatic update or did you download and install the full installation file from the website? The update for 2009 Carlson running on IntelliCAD requires a full install as the IntelliCAD engine is updated. Uninstall the program through Windows Control Panel and reinstall from the download. This should take care of the issue. Go to:

http://update.carlsonsw.com/updates.php ... ct=Carlson

Download and install the full installation file. This will update the IntelliCAD while installing.
dr
Site Admin

Postby vonde1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:45 pm

I downloaded and did a full install. It has been a couple of weeks so I am not sure if I uninstalled before this current installation (I went through a couple of iterations as I was having some concurrent problems with Windows Vista, and at least one install went south because of that). I will try your suggestions and post my results.

Thanks.
vonde1

Not a solution

Postby vonde1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:03 am

OK,

I did an uninstall and a fresh install. Still having the same issue. As long as I answer NO (I don't want the new menus loaded) everything is fine. It just seems a bit tedious to have to be bothered with the query every time I start the program.

Larry
vonde1

Return to Survey