REGISTRATION ERROR 415?

Moderator: Carlson Support

REGISTRATION ERROR 415?

Postby tstrickland » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:53 pm

I am getting the error 415. I looked on the knowledge base, some are similar, but not this one.
I am also unable to edit custom menus. I had been waiting on a new build because of some other errors and no help files, but gave up and started with Survey 2009, but now frustrated.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Survey 2009

Postby cujo » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:00 pm

So you bought the 2009 Survey that comes with a true AutoCAD engine?
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Postby tstrickland » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Yes, I upgraded some time ago, been waiting on a newer build before customizing and using it, but decided to go ahead. The only problems encountered so far are minor if I can get this resolved.
I've upgraded every version since 2004, however still using 2006. It takes too much time to re-configure and set everything up. Hopefully with the newer cui interface, this will be easier in the future.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

FIXED!

Postby tstrickland » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:34 pm

I had sent an email to support about the problem, got a link to a batch file today and corrected the error. Now if I had all my parameters set, custom menus, settings, fonts, etc, I would be in business.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Fixed

Postby cujo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:43 pm

That is great to hear. I really wish all resolutions were automatically put here by support. I would help the users to feel confident that they're being heard. A call for help with no posted resolution just looks like "no help" to anyone reading the board. Maybe you just beat them to the punch?

I really appreciate you posting your experience.

I am currently working on (that I can think of):

Leica Level Support
StarNet/SurvCE2 file translation
SurveCE2 RTK vectors
AllegroMX/Surveyor+ - Leica Robot Radio

...and at the same time have started using SurvNet instead of StarNet.

I'll keep the board posted on my progress (on all issues) in case it can help anyone else
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Postby tstrickland » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Actually, this was addressed in the Knowledge base, under Autocad. I didn't find it originally. All that was necessary was to delete an old trial registration #.
The batch file just edited the system registry and messed up registration of older versions, which I would have preferred to have available until I get the 2009 version completely customized and configured. I'm not pleased with this, but have managed to work around it.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to Survey