Erase previous Contour entities

Moderator: Carlson Support

Erase previous Contour entities

Postby ColC » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:19 pm

I have been really pleased with some of the volume calculation , surface manager & triangulation file utilities, building pads etc functions. However, I have problem with Erase Previous Contour Entities option. If have several models I am working on in a job, say, existing surface and several different design surfaces when I run the Contour from tin the EPCE will erase all my previous entities. For example, I have the original contours in a distinct layer then I have different contours in a different layer for my various design models, If I re-run the Contour from Tin I lose my original surface contours entities. Perhaps an option to erase the last set of entities or a option to erase only those entities created by the selected tin file.

It is not difficult to rerun the option again to recreate the previous tin contours, but when you are really working around several DTMs it is time consuming.
ColC

Postby Nava Ran » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:21 am

Check off "Erase Previous Contour Entities"
Nava Ran

Postby ColC » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:05 am

I am wanting to erase the entities related to the current tin model but I don't want the entities attached to the other tins erased. For example I have the original contours in a layer and contours associated with that tin. I then create another tin(s) in the design and when I wish to recreate contours, sometimes many times, I want to erase the contours associated with the current design tin but not the contours for the original surface. The entities I wish to delete are only the current design tin.
ColC

Postby GPSMAN » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:39 pm

If I recall ERASE PREVIOUS CONTOURS only eraeses what is on those pre-defined layers (at least it did in 2008) so, I use to rename the contour & tin layers of what I wanted to keep. (multiple dates for stockpiles)
then if i checked EPC it only saw the latest data.
I have'nt tried this in 2009
GPSMAN

Return to Survey