Strange glitch with Azimuth Annotation

Moderator: Carlson Support

Strange glitch with Azimuth Annotation

Postby lnls » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Does anyone else have this problem?

When using annotate azimuth below the line (the BAZI command), the annotation (instead of running along the line) becomes rotated by 90 degrees.

For instance, if a line is pointing at 90 degrees azimuth, the BAZI command would correctly identify that the line is at 90 degrees azimuth, but the actual text would be labelled pointing vertically instead of along the line. This occurs when labelling both by points or by selecting the line.

It should be noted that annotating with azimuth above the line (the AZI_ command), does not have this problem.

Thanks.
lnls

Postby tstrickland » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:35 pm

Mine does it as you describe, also (2009 w/embedded acad). Another thing that I noticed, it erases the previous azimuth annotation when creating a new label, older version didn't do that. Not sure if I like that or not? Btw, The "link linework with labels" is OFF in my drawing.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby Nava Ran » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Works fine Annotate>Auto Annotate
Nava Ran

Postby Jason » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:51 pm

I used bazi and azi_ and both labeled parallel to the line.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby tstrickland » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 pm

BAZI label is rotated North for me, AZI_ labels correctly.
Jason, is there possibly a newer build that you are using? I'm using the latest build on the website, June 08, I think.
I rarely label azimuths, anyway, always use bearings, but it appears to be a glitch in this build of Survey 2009 with embedded Acad.

BTW, can we expect a new build in the near future for this? There are a few minor bugs, such as "help not installed".
thanks,
terry
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby Jason » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:21 pm

well tis the season for giving so here is a link to a patch and some information about it, this was sent out to people who had submitted crash reports for specific problems:

Dear User...

You are receiving this update notification either because you have communicated to us regarding problems with IntelliCAD or because
I have noticed crash submissions from you since we released on IntelliCAD 6.5.

Please download and run this patch:

http://update.carlsonsw.com/entov/c2009 ... nstall.exe

It contains the fixes based on user input and crash submissions since we released 6.5.

In particular, the following features and crashes has been addressed or at least a fix has been attempted:

1) OFFSET command fixe
2) Toolbar customization crash
3) New more powerful imaging code - works better with larger images, uses less memory.
4) Closing print dialog after preview
5) Many small crash reports

We are of several reasons for crashes remaining and working to find a good fix for them.

Please keep me posted how this update works for you,

MAKE SURE YOU SEND IN CRASH REPORTS BECAUSE THEY ARE LOOKED AT AND DO GET ADDRESSED!
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby tstrickland » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:23 pm

Jason,
Will this patch work with the embedded Autocad version of Survey 2009?
It appears to address Intellicad issues.
thanks again,
terry

PS: The line labels for a line table also are horizontal instead of parallel with the lines in auto annotate IF object snap is on. With object snap turned off, it works correctly. Object snap does not affect the azimuth annotation, however.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to Survey