radial stake out

Moderator: Carlson Support

radial stake out

Postby trigpa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 am

I just recently bought CS 2009 with built in autocad and I'm trying to create a radial stakeout report and I'm doing it with the screen pick options for my picks and only the fore sight and back sight come up on the report. I received some Architecual sight plans from my boss and I set my cordinate file selection first but it still does not report my additional points that I clicked on and the bottom of the screen claimed that they were picked but the report says o points. I don't see anything in the help manual that addresses the issue. Can any body help send me in the right direction? I would appreciate it. Thank you
Tim
trigpa

Postby Nava Ran » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:05 am

Use COGO>Create Points from Entities first
Nava Ran

Postby Jason » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:52 pm

What you will need to do is to have points on the screen for each place you want the radial stakeout to report. These must be Carlson points before it will report them. To get Carlson points on the screen there are a few options and the reply above is one of the ways to get the points on the screen automatically. Create points from entities creates a Carlson point where each vertice appears on the line or polyline you select. Another option is to use draw locate points and screen pick the locations on your drawing that you want to have reported. Once you have the points created, then you can use the radial stakout and get the angles to the points.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Return to Survey