Fixed Parameters

Moderator: Carlson Support

Fixed Parameters

Postby ColC » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:32 pm

When using Fixed parameters in F2F(Embedded 081121), selecting size requires two parameters one in x & one in Y separated by a comma. The Intellicad version works in accordance with the manual but also allows for X,Y scaling and a single entry. The intellicad version is the preferred, the manuals require updating
ColC

Postby ColC » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:35 am

Further investigation of fixed parameters. Embedded requires a decimalised number to be added when using size as the first parameter. Intellicad can run with a single integer. The saving in keystrokes(and character spaces in the code entry) is lost when fixed parameters is used in Embedded. For Example , If I wish to scale a tree by 10 and add a description such as height prior to fixed parameters being introduced I would enter the following,

trA sc10/15 where trA carried a tree symbol which would be scaled(sc) by 10 for the spread and put 15 in my plotDesc layer.

With the fixed parameter set for code trA as scale,description I would expect to enter

trA 10 15
This works fine with Intellicad. To achieve the same result in Embedded I have to enter the following

trA 10.0 15 or
trA1 10,10.0 15

If I am using the first format with Embedded I get two symbols, one very large and one very small. As I have had to put Intellicad in hibernation until it runs without crashing, it would be nice if Embedded would operate as expected.
ColC

Return to Survey