Survey with Embedded Acad 2010?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Survey with Embedded Acad 2010?

Postby tstrickland » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:18 am

Are there plans for Carlson Survey with embedded Autocad 2010?
If so, is there an anticipated release date?
thanks.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby Jason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:32 pm

I have not heard. Do you have any special request for things you would like to see added? Any request for changes to existing commands? I can get things done, just let me know. :wink:
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby tstrickland » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks, Jason,
How about UCS and LISP :-) ? No, I don't have anything in particular in mind right now. There are still a few bugs in the 2009 version, although the latest release addressed most of them, I guess.

I saw a review that looks like 2010 has some neat new features.
For one thing, I was planning on purchasing some Autocad books, and wondered if I should wait.

Also, if Carlson were to drop the embedded autocad, I would probably change to the Intellicad version. Well, wouldn't have much choice, since purchasing full blown Autocad isn't an option for me right now. Besides, I'm not real happy with Autodesk. I love their product, but dislike their attitude and some policies.

Another concern for me is if more users go with the Intellicad version, Carlson probably won't be putting forth as much effort toward the embedded acad version. I know you guys are working hard to work out the bugs in the Icad version.

I have mixed feelings about it. I am pretty happy with the Imbedded Acad version, and hope you continue to offer it. On the other hand, I do miss some of the commands that are available in the full blown Acad & Icad package, but I think the Icad version still going to take a lot of effort from you exterminators.

thanks again.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby tstrickland » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Jason,
One thing I REALLY miss is the ability to save a view or viewport. I realize this is an Autocad issue, and may not be available in your contract or agreement with them.
We can restore a view, but can't save it.
thanks,
terry
EDIT: Salesman told me today that Survey w/embedded acad 2010 would be offered.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to Survey