Legal Description Writer small bug

Moderator: Carlson Support

Legal Description Writer small bug

Postby tstrickland » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:05 pm

In Survey 2009 Embedded, when you copy the text from the description writer and paste it into the Multiline Text editor, the text comes in at a factor of 0.83. It's not a big problem, you can always select and change the size, but in previous releases, the text came in at the proper size.

It would also be nice to be able to specify the default font to something besides Courier New, but have never found where or how to change the default.
thanks,
terry
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby site admin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Make sure that in Settings>Units Control that at the bottom it is set to "Unspecified-Unitless" and also in OPTIONS on the User Preferences tab that both options under "Insertion scale" are set to that as well.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby tstrickland » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks, Mr. Harris, but that didn't make any difference. The drawing units were unspecified-unitless, and I changed the Preferences > Options> Insertion scale both to Unitless. Inches is apparently the default for both because I've never changed these options before. The text still comes into the Mline text editor as 8.33 in a 100 scale drawing. The other text is sized correctly at 10.00.

I'm pretty sure it is a bug. I've been using the same settings since 2004, and 2009 is the first time that I've seen this happen. However, there may be something else that I'm not doing correctly. If nobody else is having this problem, there's no doubt I'm doing something wrong!

Btw, I did find where to change the font style in the report viewer options, but all the fonts aren't available. I prefer Times New Roman for descriptions.
thanks again,
terry
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to Survey