point snap "hang up"

Moderator: Carlson Support

point snap "hang up"

Postby ddossey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:19 pm

When I am executing a command that requires snapping to a point, Carlson "hangs up" or pauses/gets stuck for a second or two. Everything runs smoothly, but when I hover over a point attribute to snap to it, Carlson gets stuck momentarily. It doesn't happen on every drawing, just some. In fact, I was working on a drawing last night and this was not happening. However, when I started working on it this morning, it is happening now.

I have a coord. file that matches the dwg file with no differences. I can't think of anything that would be causing this.

Please Help!

Thanks,

Dave
ddossey

Still Happening

Postby ddossey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:14 pm

This problem is still happening. I spoke to Tech Service and sent them the file but got no response. So if anyone out there can lend some assistance I would sincerely appreciate it.

Sometimes rebooting my computer would help, but now that will not fix the problem.
ddossey

Postby klynch » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:54 pm

We're experiencing the same thing. My surveyors tell me that Carlson is very slow when working with points. We are running Carlson 09 and Civil3d 09.
klynch

Postby ddossey » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:14 pm

klynch,

I have found that if you toggle off the "point object snap" under "settings" it will alleviate the problem. However, you will obviously not be able to use that feature. If I continue working in the drawing with "point object snap" turned off, and turn it back on after 30 minutes or so, the problem will often be fixed. It would be nice to have the issue fixed instead of using a work around.

ps- I'm glad to know it is not just me...Thanks
ddossey

Return to Survey