Transfer Desktop Settings in CSurvey 2009 to Laptop

Moderator: Carlson Support

Transfer Desktop Settings in CSurvey 2009 to Laptop

Postby tstrickland » Wed May 06, 2009 8:36 pm

Can anyone tell me the best or easiest way to transfer all of the settings on my desktop computer to my laptop? Or, Which files should be copied?
Carlson Survey 2009 w/ embedded Acad.
thanks in advance.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby surveysc » Thu May 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Why don't you drop a line to Lon Watson? He usually gets back to me pretty quick with an answer.

lwatson@carlsonsw.com
Terry M. Watson Land Surveying
913 3rd Avenue
Conway, SC 29526
surveysc

Postby tstrickland » Fri May 15, 2009 11:54 pm

I did consider calling tech support. The advantage to posting on the board is others could also see what to do and possibly avoid some repetition. I suppose I will have to email Mr. Watson.
thanks.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby dr » Tue May 19, 2009 3:34 pm

What type of setting are you looking to transfer? Are you concerned with custom menus created? The embedded AutoCAD does not support Profiles (screen setups). You will have to setup your toolbar layout manually on the second machine. If you want to transfer custom menu files you can copy the CUI file from:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Carlson Software\Carlson Software 2009\R2009\enu\support\SURV.cui

to the same location on the second machine. This will copy any customizations from one machine to the next. The program settings can be saved and copied to the new machine by accessing the Configure dialog. Go to the 'Settings' pulldown and choosing 'Configure'. Do a 'SaveAs' - transfer to the other machine then 'Load'.
dr
Site Admin

Postby tstrickland » Thu May 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Dr,
I would like to have everything the same on the laptop as the desktop.
I can transfer the cui & custom menus with no problem.
If I go to settings > configure > save as, will it export all the settings, including the annotation, legal description writer, area, etc.?
thanks,
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby tstrickland » Tue May 26, 2009 6:07 pm

That did it. I did have to save some other settings, such as legal description writer. My laptop didn't find the custom icons, however. I have to edit the menus manually, but it's a lot better than doing everything from scratch!
thanks.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby dr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:38 pm

New for the 2010 Carlson Software packages is a 'Settings Explorer' added to the program. The 'Carlson Settings Explorer' holds all settings for Carlson routines. In the Settings Explorer dialog all settings can be saved and exported to other machines for loading to create exact setups on multiple systems.
dr
Site Admin

Return to Survey