Map Check vs Auto Annotate vs Polyline Report

Moderator: Carlson Support

Map Check vs Auto Annotate vs Polyline Report

Postby CA_LSIT » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:04 pm

So I have a complicated parcel with several non-tangent curves and when I use Auto Annotate I get even numbered Radii and Arc Lengths. However, when I use the Map Check feature I am getting varied Radii. The numbers only change by the a hundredth here and there (the maximum error being 0.05' in one arc).

Using the Polyline Report feature these 'errors' are not present. Also I have not noticed a difference in Central Angles nor in Arc Length. I have broken these polylines up and re-joined them getting the same results several times.

My theory is that Carlson is putting the 'closure error' into the Radius of these courses to force closure.

Is this correct?

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
CA_LSIT

Postby site admin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Please send in the drawing so we can take a look at it to support@carlsonsw.com

Please copy your comment to the email so when it comes in we know what we're dealing with. Also, please provide your contact information so we can contact you with an answer.

thank you.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby CA_LSIT » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:16 pm

I have actually already contacted support about this and sent the file in. Lawrence helped me and confirmed my results and sent the problem on to programming. However, I have heard nothing since.
CA_LSIT

Postby site admin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:41 pm

We do not have a Lawrence that works here at Carlson. Do you have the email address you sent that to? If you'd like, you can contact me directly at 606-564-5028 and I can give you my direct email address to send that in. Thanks again.

Brian Harris
site admin
Site Admin

Return to Survey