Carlson for Autocad closed my ribbons

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson for Autocad closed my ribbons

Postby therock003 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm trying the Carlson Suite Demo, on the AutoCAD platform and my problem here is that it terminated the Ribbon and reverted to the classic style CAD menus.

Thing is that even if i launch Autocad shortcut (not the ones carlson for Autocad) I still get the same interface.

I also tried the Ribbon command and it doesnt display anything.

What is the solution here?

The first screen is after i activate the "RIBBON" command, and the next is what it looks like after i install carlson.

I just want to restore it to its original condition.
therock003

Postby therock003 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Is there no Carlson representative hre? I really need to restore functionality of my ribbon for use with PLAIN AutoCAD.
therock003

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:47 pm

The Carlson reps do not monitor this site 24/7. However, they do pick up the phone real quick when you call them. :D
Dent Cermak

Postby tstrickland » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Yep, you can tell they don't monitor 24/7 by all the shoe salesman crap that is piling up. This board is more for user interaction, although the reps will sometimes chime in. Best give tech support a call, I don't know the answer.
You might check out this link in the Civil board: http://update.carlsonsw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3043

I wish someone would clean this stuff up.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby Don » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Did you try to restore your O/S to an earlier date? Assuming you are able to do so, it should revert your CAD program to its previous state. Just a thought.
Donald E Robinson, PLS, CFS
Don

Postby dr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:44 pm

The Carlson 2010 program does not have Ribbon menu elements in its default state. This is due to the fact that Carlson can be installed on any full version of AutoCAD from 2010 down to 2000 as well as IntelliCAD. The different CAD engines all have different menu setups.

You will need to create a new Workspace including all desired menu options from your program configuration. Open the CUI and right click on 'Workspace' - 'New Workspace' - copy the desired contents (Menus,
Toolbars, Ribbons,...) from your CUI on the left to the new Workspace on the right. Once the new Workspace is created, turn on the Workspace toolbar and set your Workspace current. Then turn on the Ribbon menu.

You can disable the Ribbon menu option by typing 'Ribbonclose'

Dr
dr
Site Admin

Postby musquida » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:47 am

Would you recommend intel i3 or i5 processors to run cad software? I'm an architect so I run alot of cad software and digital rendering software. I am going to buy a laptop but not sure about the i3 and i5 processors and the differences.
Last edited by musquida on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
musquida

Postby Dent Cermak » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 pm

With the heavy duty graphics demand that your work requires, I would say go with the i5. Better yet, save a lot of disappointment , headache and heartache and step on up to a i7 system.
For a laptop I would recomment the Dell Precision M6500 laptop with the Windows 7 Ultimate operating system and the quad core i7 chip. Max out on the graphics card. (The NVIDIA cards are really good.) Plus I like the number key pad to the right of the keyboard.
I realise that the budget may get strained, but what you cut now will bite you later. Whatever system you get, always max out on RAM/DRAM, video card and USB ports. (All lap tops seem to come with one too few USB ports for what you are doing.)
Dent Cermak

Postby eleesha » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:24 am

post dltd
Last edited by eleesha on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
time is money
eleesha

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:55 pm

If you wish to design and create buildings, you need a whole lot more than just the CAD classes. To do that you must be a registered Architect. That puts you right back to heading to that University that you wish to attend. During the 4 years of college you will get all of the CAD classes that you need.
From what is indicated in your post, I feel pretty save in guessing that you are not in the USA and I am not real familiar with what is offered in your country. Here we have Community Colleges where you can go to take such a class as you desire to become an architectural drafter. Good grades in a community college may indeed help you get into a university to complete your degree work.
But if the competition for university worries you, wait until you hit the competition in getting a position as an architectural drafter or a graduate architect!!
I'm not going to burst your bubble though. Go for it and ALWAYS do the best you can. It may not be as daunting as you think.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey