New User neep help with units

Moderator: Carlson Support

New User neep help with units

Postby jessev » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:37 pm

I am a long time autocad user and now have to learn Carlson Survey 2008 for work. I am having a problem with my units in a cad file. When I bring it up in Carlson. The crd file seems to only do unitless or inches. I have set the units to decimal but for example the distance is 24'-0" or 24.00 for decimal I get a distance of 288.00. I need to be able to have the guys in the feild get decimal feet and inches from the hand held for layout. is there something I missed in setting the file up. in autocad it is in decimal feet and inches. I bring it in unitless as reqemended. the setting in carson is set to decimal in the units under dimm. styles.

thanks for any help gang.
jessev

Postby site admin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Under SETTINGS go to Units Control and set that to Decimal.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Don » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:19 pm

I assume your are using the AutoCAD® Dimensions Toolbar. When you modify this toolbar, under the "Alternate Units" tab Set the "Multiplier" to '12'.
Carlson Survey has other Toolbars for Building Dimensions and Offset Dimensions. I am not aware about setting these toolbars in any units other than Feet and Meters. The problem I have with the AutoCAD® Dimension Toolbar is that I cannot save the settings for later drawings. I have to reconfigure this toolbar in every drawing file.
Hopes this helps.

Don
Don

Return to Survey